Posted on August 5, 2014
Rockdale Public School P&C Association
Research shows that children perform better at school when their parents are involved in their education.
P&C stands for Parents and Citizens and at Rockdale Public School we have a small but committed group of parents. We need your help.
Why join the P&C?
Actions always speak louder than words when it comes to valuing your child’s learning. Joining the P&C is one of the best ways to show your children how much you value their education and how interested you are in what they do. By joining the P&C you are showing your children how committed you are to helping students and your school community.
A lot can and has been achieved through the P&C and school working together towards common goals. To continue the great work, P&Cs need people from all walks of life and with a range of talents who are committed to delivering great outcomes for our children and school. Everybody has a role to play and your ideas will be heard. The more people get involved, the more exciting and successful it will be.
What does a P&C do?
- We encourage closer cooperation between the parents, members of the community, the staff and students of the school.
- We provide advice, feedback and recommendations to the Principal on issues and concerns in respect to the student body and the general operations and management of the school.
- We participate in any committee or other body comprising members of the school and wider community.
- We provide or assist in the provision of financial services or other resources, for the benefit of students of the school.
What we have done:
In 2012 the P&C have provided money for the purchase of literacy resources for the school and have helped fund the new Passive Play Program which is located at the top end of the infants playground in an area called “The Quiet Area”.
- We have raised money through raffles Easter, Mothers Day, Fathers Day and the last one for the year is the Christmas raffle in Week 9, Term 4.
- We ran Mothers Day and Fathers Day stalls.
- We event managed the School Winter Wonderland Disco.
- We run a uniform shop to provide parents with a real alternative to Lowes and stock a range of clothing and items including the polo shirt with the school logo, jackets with the logo, logoed school bags, uniform dresses, short, skorts (a cross between skirts and shorts), hats (3 kinds baseball, legionnaires and broad rim) as well as excursion bags and pencil cases.
The shop is located at the top of the stairs above the library. With the kind support of parents from the P&C, the shop is open on the following days:
Mondays: 8:30am – 9:00am
Tuesdays: 2:30pm – 3:00pm
Thursdays: 8:45am to 9:30am