The Stage 3 teachers have selected homework tasks with purpose in mind and have ensured that the activities match classroom learning and the D.E.C outcomes. The Homework Grid has been specifically chosen to help your child learn the organisational skills and sense of responsibility they will need in the coming high school years.
For your information, these are the expectations for homework:
- 3-4 times a week checking the class’ EdModo account. This is a D.E.C approved site that allows your children to involve themselves in critical conversations about the topics taught in class.
- 30-40 minutes per week on Reading Eggspress (even weeks) and Mathletics (odd weeks).
- Re-writing their spelling words 3 separate time per week using the look/cover/write/check method.
- One unit from their Targeting Mental Maths textbooks relating to the topics being taught in class and as given by the teacher.
- 30-40 minutes (as recommended by the D.E.C) of reading from their Home Readers.
- One shaded and one white activity from their Homework Grid per week. The shaded boxes are compulsory and the white, they can choose on their own. All activities compliment their school learning and follow outcomes of the national syllabus.
Each activity is to be presented in the child’s Homework Book, showing 100% effort in the presentation and content.
We ask of you, parents, to sign your child’s diary each night confirming they have completed the set of tasks.
Thank you for your support and please contact us if there are any queries.