Rockdale Public School has a very active and successful Public Speaking program as part of the co-curricular life of the School. Rockdale Public School participates in major competitions involving public speaking. These include:
Georges River Network Public Speaking Competition.
The Georges River Network Public Speaking Competition aims to:
- Build confidence and self-esteem.
- Extend students skills in oral communication, speech writing and
- Encourage and foster proficiency in the art of public speaking.
- Provide an opportunity to further gifted and talented students in English.
- Develop a relationship with our network schools.
The Multicultural Perspectives Public Speaking Competition
The Multicultural Perspectives Public Speaking Competition was introduced in 1996 and is now in its 15th year. It aims to heighten the awareness of multicultural issues among NSW primary school students while developing their interest in public speaking and improving the participants’ confidence and speech-writing skills.