Assessment and Reporting
Our teachers use a variety of strategies to assess each student’s work:
- Regular observation of student’s work in class.
- Throughout the year teachers assess each primary school student’s achievements against the learning outcomes described in the NSW Primary Curriculum Foundation Statements
- A written report using the Common grade scale is sent home toward the end of Term 2 and Term 4, to give you a clear picture of your child’s achievements.
- Best start Kindergarten assessments in literacy and numeracy help our teachers to identify the learning needs of your child.
- National Assessment Program in Literacy and Numeracy(NAPLAN) assesses students’ skills in numeracy, reading, writing, spelling, punctuation and grammar. All students in Years 3 and 5 sit for four tests in May. NAPLAN results help teachers meet the individual literacy and numeracy needs of students. You will receive a detailed written report of your child’s achievement in the tests.